Interesting...

Translate

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Vogue 1183 Pattern Review: Christmas Dinner with my Boyfriend at his parents' house

Well, at Christmas, I went for dinner with my boyfriend and he brought me to his parents' house.  It was a very nice time with his family.  I wanted to make sure I looked nice and festive for the occasion.  I also wanted to look attractive for my boyfriend but proper for his parents.  So, this is what I had envisioned as a Christmas dress.


Of course I would have to tone it down a bit since that is a bit to sultry for Christmas dinner with my potentially future in-laws.  So, I chose Vogue 1183:


Anyways, this was a very easy pattern.  There was a lot of top stitching and it really made the dress look exquisite and very expensive, although the dress probably cost about $12.00 in total to make.  It was also very quick to make.  From cutting it out to completion it was about a day and a half of leisurely sewing. I had decided to make it 2 days before the dinner party.  So, luckily, it was done on time.

This is how I looked just before my boyfriend picked me up.


I wore a shrug with this dress and also a black belt that I sewed. I think they complimented the dress nicely and made me look appropriate for the occasion.  It was a very nice time with my boyfriend and his family on Christmas day.

No comments:

Post a Comment