Interesting...

Translate

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Butterick 4685 (top) and McCalls 6567 (skirt)

The top, B4685, is  a very simple pattern and I think next time, I will put a hole in the front where the false tie is and attach it to the elastic for a proper fit.  I have some more fabric and will try a lilac calico top with my next attempt.



The tulip high/low skirt is VERY fashionable, but be wary of high winds or awkward seating positions.  Wardrobe failure happens frequently, which is okay if the right person is taking a peek, but not so great in a professional or public situation.  The skirt is super easy to sew.  Once you have made one of these skirts, you will laugh at the price of these skirts in dress shops.  Simple, easy, fashionable, and economic!



Well, today I wanted to look especially beautiful for my boyfriend so I tried on this top and blouse.  The blouse I made about 2 years ago and was WAY too small, so happily it fits,so that must mean I'm getting in shape.  I sewed the skirt last year and it was a bit unflattering.  I still think I need to get in a bit better shape for it to look absolutely stunning on me, but it looks alright and the top and skirt make a nice combo.


Anyways, this is what I wore to see him today. He looked really happy to see me.


Here is a blouse detail.


No comments:

Post a Comment